3 December 2018
Jo Bell, ILP Operations Assistant
In June 2019, the Institution of Lighting Professionals will launch our first National Curriculum, with the aim of providing outstanding CPD opportunities for all members, regardless of geographical location. As well as our series of national events, the National Curriculum will provide content for Lighting Delivery Centres across the UK and Ireland.
The ILP Council will consider papers for inclusion on the National Curriculum at their next meeting in January 2019. They are keen to hear from potential speakers from the lighting profession and associated fields. All relevant topics will be considered.
The Council have also identified key themes for the Curriculum where papers would be particularly welcome:
• Blue light and health
• Construction Design & Management Regulations
• Electric Vehicle Charging and earthing arrangements
• BS7671 – Wiring Regulations
• Constant Light Output/Maintenance Factors
• Best practice and innovation
• New Codes of Practice
• Design specification including case studies
• LED specification – colour temperature
• Smart cities and the internet of things
• Managing a vital asset: Lighting Supports
Of course, if you have other suggestions for topics that would be of interest to members, please let us know.
To offer a paper, please email email@example.com with:
• The Author’s full name, role and organisation
• The Author’s email, postal address, mobile and landline telephone numbers
• The title of the proposed paper
• 250-500 words describing the paper with enough information for the reviewers to make an informed decision
• Details of any event or publication which has previously featured the paper
• Details of your availability during 2019 and the geographical areas you are happy to cover
ILP CPD presentations are a professional opportunity to develop your career. As a not for profit charity, we are very supportive of first-time speakers. Please note, we do not allow marketing or ‘sales’ pitches.
The initial deadline is 8 January.