4 June 2019
Jess Gallacher, ILP Engagement and Communications Manager
The Institution of Lighting Professionals has relaunched its popular Lightscene event, a one day exhibition with CPD seminars where professionals from the lighting industry and associated fields will gather to explore technology, seek design inspiration, network and gain CPD hours.
Lightscene takes place on 17 October 2019 in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire. It will encompass CPD talks exploring the challenging question “Can we save lighting engineers from extinction?”
LDC Birmingham Chair Michala Medcalf, along with the ILP Vice Presidents, will be looking at subjects such as:
• The changing role of the lighting professional
• Can a Local Authority manage without engineers?
• Should we embrace insourcing?
• Addressing challenges which the incoming generation face
• What the National Lighting Survey tells us
• Does Engineering Council have an obligation to fulfil?
• Where does this leave professional registration, CPD and Competence?
• How should we upskill non-technical staff?
• Techniques to build the knowledge required to ensure successful asset management – particularly for individuals from a non lighting background.
The event is free to attend, with more information available at www.theilp.org.uk/lightscene