Information on how to transfer to EngTech AMILP using the ILP Lighting Diploma Module 4 project.
The Module 4 project may be used to fast track through to EngTech AMILP in place of formal academic qualifications.
However, it is NOT something which is awarded automatically, students must follow the procedure given below if they wish to be assessed for EngTech AMILP.
- Students should endeavour to make a presentation on the Module 3 course, as this is a necessary part of the Engineering Council’s (EngC) requirements for EngTech registration. Students who have already completed their Module 3 and haven’t been part of a presentation may be assessed with a short interview either in person or by other media.
- Students should read the EngC requirements for EngTech and should map their projects across to the UKSPEC competencies. (This applies to students from November 2012) - see example below.
- Once the projects have been marked and results returned, successful students may apply for EngTech AMILP. It would be unusual however for anyone with less than a score of less than a Credit to have attained the level of competence required.
- An application form for transfer can be downloaded from the ILP website.
- This must be completed and submitted together with:
- CPD records for past 2 years
- CPD forward plan
- Your mapped project
- The assessors will assess your project, together with your application.
- If approved, you will be accepted as an AMILP and registered as an EngTech. A nominal initial registration fee is payable at this point.