What we do:
SLDS are a specialist independent exterior lighting and electrical design consultancy established in 1996. We have a wide range of expertise and have worked on schemes ranging from small local authority projects to major infrastructure.
SLDS have a proven track record in the development and delivery of innovative and award winning decorative lighting projects.
Our core business
- Local authority lighting design and technical assistance.
- Large scale lantern replacement programmes.
- Major highway projects.
- Section 38 and 278 lighting designs.
- Architectural lighting for buildings, structures and public artwork.
- Electrical design associated with exterior lighting projects.
- Commissioning of large complex exterior control networks.
- Contract specification and preparation.
- Sports and MUGA lighting.
- Amenity and car parks.
- Electrical testing and commissioning
- Maintenance specification / management.
- Design of infrastructure associated with car charging points.
- Sign design and traffic management.
- Site supervision and technical assistance.
- Production of lighting plans, strategies and reports.
- Energy management and reduction strategies.
- Feasibility studies.
- Assistance with planning applications associated with exterior lighting.
Anthony Smith IEng FILP – 01642 565533