LIGHTSCENE: Can we save lighting engineers from extinction?
Lightscene will take place on Thursday 17 October 2019 from 10:00 until 16:00 at Uttoxeter Racecourse, Wood Lane, Uttoxeter, ST14 8BD.
A day of discovery, technology-rich insights, design inspiration and the opportunity to gain CPD hours and make networking connections. Discover what’s new and help your career at the same time.
The event will encompass CPD talks exploring this challenging question.
We will be looking at subjects such as:
- The changing role of the lighting professional
- Can a Local Authority manage without engineers?
- Should we embrace insourcing?
- Addressing challenges which the incoming generation face
- What the National Lighting Survey tells us
- Does Engineering Council have an obligation to fulfil?
- Where does this leave professional registration, CPD and Competence
- How should we upskill non-technical staff
- Techniques to build the knowledge required to ensure successful asset management - particularly for individuals from a non-lighting background
VISITOR BOOKING is now closed
click here to view the cpd talks
The ILP has arranged this thought provoking CPD day where you can get the answers you need to make your role easier and be more successful. We’ll be putting on free to attend CPD seminars alongside an exhibition of companies aiming to help you get to grips with this enormous subject.
- Meet a wide range of lighting organisations in the exhibition area who offer lighting products and services
- Network with your peers in a face to face setting
- Enquire about ILP membership upgrading at the Professional Development Zone
- Meet local professionals from the LDC Birmingham group
- Develop new ideas and plans to take back to your workplace
- Find out more about Young Lighting Professionals support group
- Increase your competency
Visitor places are FREE! You don't need to be an ILP member to come along; there is a warm welcome for everyone at this event hosted by the LDC Birmingham group.
For directions to the venue, please click here.