10:30 – 14:00
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
The University of Sheffield, The Diamond, 32 Leavygreave Road, Sheffield S3 7RD
This event is designed for photonics and electronics companies who are considering a research collaboration to harness the innovation opportunities of III-nitride semiconductors.
The Centre for GaN Materials and Devices is part of the Future Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Hub which aims to establish the UK as the primary global research and manufacturing Hub for Compound Semiconductor technologies.
Attend this event on Tuesday 15th January 2019 at The University of Sheffield to discover more about this world-class semiconductor growth, fabrication and characterisation facilities and find out about the latest funding opportunities available for collaborative R&D and industrial partnerships.
Research expertise, technology and insight
The research covers a broad spectrum of III-nitride topics including photonics and electronics, epitaxial growth and novel nanofabrication of devices. Recently, the research interests have extended to include the fabrication of flexible devices and advanced hybrid devices with other material systems.
The centre has two MOVPE epitaxial growth systems, comprehensive optical characterisation systems, device testing systems and device fabrication systems. They can deliver the full project life cycle for industry collaboration.
Working in partnership
Working with business and the wider community is at the heart of the University’s mission. They can offer a wide range of services to commercial companies including:
- Large and small scale collaborative R&D
- Tailored membership agreements
- Targeted research programs
- Training and consultancy in all aspects of advanced semiconductor design and manufacture
- Provision of services such as epitaxial materials, device fabrication and advanced material charaterisation.
- Funding advice and practical support.
Join them at The Diamond, one of the best integrated engineering teaching spaces in the world
- 10:30 Coffee and registration
- 11:00 Overview of Research from The Centre for GaN Materials and Devices
- 11:30 Funding and partnership opportunities
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Lab tour in the Nanotechnology building
- 14:00 Close.
Register to secure your place
Attendance at the open day is free but places are limited so please register here to secure your place.
For more information about the day please contact Katherine Greenacre on 0114 2225196.